jems 2020 mini banner 01

3982 - MIEZE neutron spin echo spectroscopy of strongly correlated electron s...

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #394 by SofiaAbrunhosa
Oral Presentation
Thursday, December 10
Speaker: Christian Franz
Full Title: MIEZE neutron spin echo spectroscopy of strongly correlated electron systems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #502 by SofiaAbrunhosa
Session questions:
  1. Concerning the fluctuations, I was wondering that it could bring a good opportunity to study Griffiths-like phase, i.e. short-range magnetic clusters within a paramagnetic matrix, that occur at T > Tc (the Tc of the matrix).

We kindly ask the speakers to reply to any questions left unanswered during the talk.

More
7 months 1 week ago #655 by cfranz
Dear questioner,

thank you for that very interesting question. Honestly I am not an expert for Griffith pases at all, however I´ll an answer.
I quickly read through the first paper I could find on Griffith phases: PHYSICAL REVIEW B 99, 054419 (2019)

To me it looks like MIEZE is very well suited to study these types of systems.
- You can think of MIEZE as of SANS with added time (or energy) resolution. The SANS regime is benficial for MIEZE as the signal reduction due to the sample size and geometry does not play a role at small scattering angles. Plus the scattering angles seem to not too tiny, which could cause a problem given the limited length of RESEDA.
- It seems to me that there is a significant magnetic moment in the systems, which is always helpful in neutron scattering.
- The time scale of fluctuations is probably the crucial point here. With MIEZE, we are currently restricted to <10ns, where <3ns has the the most flux. We hope to improve by a factor of 3 during the next year. If this in enough can probably estimated from suszeptibility measurements.

If you are interested in doing an experiment with us, please reach out to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

best regards,
Chris

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Organization

INESC MN logo

Abreu Events - Lisbon Office

For general information about the congress, including registration, please contact us at:
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
 +351 21 415 6120