jems 2020 mini banner 01

3527 - Spin Hall magnetoresistance in antiferromagnetic insulators

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #431 by SofiaAbrunhosa
Oral Presentation
Thursday, December 10
Speaker: Matthias Opel
Full Title: Spin Hall magnetoresistance in antiferromagnetic insulators

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #524 by jserra
Session questions:
  1. In uniaxial AFMs for example in Cr2O3, the spin flop transition where the sublattices orient perpendicular to magnetic field take place at higher field ~ 6T, would you then expect a field dependent phase change in SMR?

We kindly ask the speakers to reply to any questions left unanswered during the talk.

More
7 months 1 week ago #592 by matthias.opel@wmi.badw.de
I slightly revise my yesterday's answer: To observe angle-dependent SMR oscillations, the sublattice magnetizations must rotate in a rotating external field H.This happens in easy-plane antiferromagnets (AF) like NiO or alpha-Fe2O3. Below a critical field magnitude, the sublattice magnetizations do not orient perpendicular to H. But the domain distribution in the easy-plane AF changes with rotating H, and this also leads to characteristic oscillations with a phase shift of 90°. Please see our paper on NiO ( doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.97.014417 or arxiv.org/abs/1709.04158 ) for reference. Above the critical field, the AF becomes single domain and the sublattice magnetizations rotate perpendicular to H, i.e. still with a phase of 90°. Therefore, I do not expect a change of the SMR phase when crossing the critical field.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Organization

INESC MN logo

Abreu Events - Lisbon Office

For general information about the congress, including registration, please contact us at:
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
 +351 21 415 6120